Here’s what I’m currently up to
💻 Currently working on:
- Migrating a Magento 1 site to Sylius (at Kaweb).
- "The Omega Project" by Steve Alten. (Amazon Link)
- "The 4 Hour Body" by Tim Ferris (Amazon Link)
- "The Wind's Twelve Quarters" by Ursuka K. Le Guin (Gollanz SF Hardback) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- "Clanlands - Whisky, Warfare, and a Scottish Adventure Like No Other" by Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish (Audible) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this and am looking forwards to the Men in Kilts series on Amazon Prime soon.
- "The Silmarillion" by J.R.R Tolkien ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tough going but eventually finished it. If you want to understand the history of Tolkien's Middle Earth then this is the book for you.
- "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman (Audible)⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman (Audio-book on Audible) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Audio-book on Audible) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- "Artemis" by Andy Wier (Audio-book on Audible) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- "The Obstacle Is The Way" by Ryan Holiday [Amazon Link] ⭐️⭐️
- "Hidden Wyndham: Life, Love, Letters" by Amy Binns [Amazon Link] ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I'm a huge fan of John Wyndham's novels and enjoyed this book about his life and loves. Amy Binns has done a remarkable job of finding information on a man that kept his personal life so secret.
- "The Unicorn Project" by Gene Kim [Amazon link] ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
A must for any software developer wanting to take the next step in their career.
- "How Not To Be A Professional Racing Driver" by Jason Plato [Amazon link] ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
An absolute hoot from start to the end. Jason is as funny off the track as he is fast on it.
I've not been listening to anything in particular recently, just my usual genres of Drum and Bass, Hip-Hop, Funk, Jazz etc.
My August goal of walking 100 miles in a month was too ambitious due to time and blisters. I did manage to walk 62 miles which isn't too bad considering.
I plan on keeping this up in September. I'm also tracking my weight and eating sensibly. I've lost 6.7kg (14.7lbs / 1 stone) since the start of August.